Direct Office Furniture
Vision Office Furniture
Contact and Buying Our Products:
Seaquest Ltd is a wholesaler distributor and our products may be purchased through our Resellers. Please select your preferred dealer and click on their logo – this will take you to their website.
We would also love to hear from you. Make all inquiries to the contacts provided below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Healthy seating tips from Seaquest
1. Try to vary your seating posture. Re-adjust your chair if possible – getting up and out of your chair, walking around and stretching, breaks the monotony and allows your muscles to breathe.
2. Try to keep your back “straight” which actually means your spine will be an open “S” shape with an inward curve in your lower back or lumbar area. The chair back should fit into your back.
3. Keep your head in a position over your spine, your shoulders relaxed and avoid bending your neck. Try to keep your upper arms close to your body to reduce the cantilevered weight effect.
4. Avoid pressure points at the front of the seat on your under-thigh area by using a footrest or by sloping your seat slightly forward if this feature is in your chair.
5. Twisting your body and over-reaching for equipment and files may cause painful strains. Use the chair mobility features, caster base and swivel functions, to move round your work area.
6. Seek help from qualified medical professionals and workplace health professionals if you experience prolonged discomfort.
Finding the right chair for the job and for you
Most commercial seating products including chairs are designed for specialist use. The most common types are work station or desk chairs, meeting room, reception areas and executive seating. The extent of the opportunities may be bewildering but once you start applying budgetary restraints and style then you will be left with much fewer products to asses for comfort and specific features to suit your needs.
As a simple guide:
1. The chair should fit the sitter, the lumber curve in the back should fit into the lordosis area of the back and the seat should allow sitting back without pressure under the lower thigh area (see 2, 3 and 4 above). The chair may have adjustable seat and back positions to achieve this.
2. The longer the seated period, the more levels of support and adjustability options are required.
3. If you are selecting a chair for yourself, consider your posture alternatives, does the chair allow you to sit up straight for desk or table based tasks? Will it allow you to recline if you spend a lot of time on the phone or in discussions with staff or clients.
4. Allow your staff to trial and choose their own chairs (within budgetary restraints) specially if they have medical conditions such as back complaints, muscular-skeletal abnormalities or their physiology is unusual. Seek medical professional support in the selection process.
5. If you are selecting visitor chairs consider the environment they are being used in. Do they need to fit under tables? Are they conveniently stacked or moved for setting changes. Are they generously sized and upholstered to suit all shapes and sizes. Do they complement the décor?
6. Before your purchase set budget levels so you can eliminate product not in the price range. Once you establish a shortlist, try products if possible in their intended location to ensure they fit both dimensionally and visually.
Seaquest Ltd is a limited liability company first registered in New Zealand in 2002. As at 2018, between them, the directors have accumulated 80 years of industry experience!
The primary business of Seaquest is to import, finish and wholesale commercial furniture, mainly under the classification – office chairs. Product is sourced from several countries including Malaysia, Southern China and Taiwan. In addition, the company completes some products using NZ sourced componentry and upholstery.
Seaquest has always sought products which are different from the general market offering with unique design elements and providing special benefits such as exceptional postural support and seating comfort. Most product suppliers, acknowledging our experience and industry understanding have incorporated Seaquest inspired improvements in their design and engineering specifications.
Ethical trading and business practises guide Seaquest management in all areas of its decision making and operation. Building strong and mutually profitable business relationships with our suppliers, associates and customers is regarded as a key element for our reputation and success. We enjoy a friendly and supportive working environment with a small and motivated team of individuals focussed on excellent customer service, increasing Seaquest market presence and our own personal achievements.
Seaquest Ltd supports a distributor network throughout New Zealand and our products may only be be purchased through Resellers . Our key distributors are listed in the RESELLERS section of this website.
“Seaquest Ltd, guarantees the performance of these products in the catalogue above whilst in normal use as commercial seating, (see note 1) against failure or breakage for a period of 5 years (see note 2) from date of delivery to your client.
This guarantee excludes the performance of the upholstery fabric (including wear and fading). Seaquest Ltd, will repair or replace components or complete products without charges to its customers and their clients and with minimum possible disruption to users, however Seaquest Ltd, will not accept liability for consequential damages or personal injury arising out of the claims under this guarantee”
Note 1. Seaquest Ltd, considers that normal use as commercial seating means facilitating desk and table based tasks, attending meetings, conferences, education and training facilities and other client oriented activity in a commercial or non-commercial premises during normal hours of operation including: private homes, offices, educational institutions, local and national government facilities, shops, factories, warehouse, hospitality and medical service facilities and in the transport industry.
Normal use is also considered by Seaquest Ltd to mean users of normal build and physical capacity.
Note 2. In the event that the seating is in continuous use for an abnormal period the guarantee period is adjusted to assume a normal period of use of about 50 hours a week.
Products used in a 24 hour, 7 days a week environment shall have their guarantee period reduced to 1 year.